FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton San Diego Bayfront {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2009, 8:43 pm
PHLGovFlyer

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Wow! I have to report that I basically had an identical experience there last week on a one night paid stay (minus the room incursion for turn down though).

Thoroughly unimpressed by the Diamond "benefits", the "food" bennies as a Diamond, the starbucks "breakfast" (???), the parking charges, and the water coupons that required me to leave my 17th floor room, elevator to the lobby, change elevator banks, elevator to the 30th floor, hunt for the vending machines, use the coupons in a vending machine, elevator to the lobby, change elevator banks, and elevator back to the 17th floor (Ugh! 90 plus floors and four elevator rides for two lousy bottles of Desani - which is filtered tap water to begin with?).

Yes, the place is very chic, and the workout facilities are nice, but you're spot on that there are a bunch of HH properties in the area that will do you much better!

I'll also add for those that are curious that there is nowhere on the property with any sort of view to the field at Petco Park. I checked out the top floors and the best you could possibly hope for is a tiny sliver of deeeeep center/right field.