FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - News: Passenger detained - "blind test"?
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2009, 9:07 pm
CDTraveler

about this "blind test"

My issue with this story isn't whether or not the pax was disruptive, but rather what qualifies the police to administer a "blind test" and what the heck is one? Do they wave things in front of his face to see if he reacts, or what?

I hate to think that those of us with some type of non-obvious disability would need to have a "proof of disability" ID card, but there are days when I feel like we're heading that way in America. On my bad days, I no longer hesitate to use special parking (for which I do have a legal permit) but sometimes when I do, I get critical remarks like "You sure don't look disabled." What, I'm supposed to post the results of my last cardiac echo on my forehead? Maybe my lung function tests, too?

Anyhow, back to "blind test": I don't believe there is any such valid test that can be administered by law enforcement in the field, and unless the individual's conduct threatens immediate harm to cops or others, the disability should be accepted as stated until proven otherwise.