FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}
Old Jul 17, 2001, 9:07 am
Premier Al
Original Member

Diamond,

As a Denver area resident, I would ask you to consider the Hampton Inn Denver West/Golden as well. It is a brand new property, and the commute to Wheatridge will be far better than the other alternatives. I am not sure if they have high speed web access, however.

The Garden Inn at the Airport is also a new property, and by all reports quite nice. However, to get to Wheat Ridge you must drive WB thru a busy stretch of I70. There are not many restaurants or entertainment venues nearby either.

The Airport Embassy is actually closer to the old airport than the new, but it is a nice property. And it is a few miles closer to Wheatridge than the Airport Garden Inn. Once again, nearby restaurants and entertainment are scarce.

The downtown Embassy is appealing, and might be the best drive of all with the exception of the Hampton. It is the only location in Denver I have actually stayed at, and I thought it was fine. I do not know about parking.

I would avoid the Hilton Tech Center or the other two Embassys in the SE area, only because they will leave you with Denver's worst commute, from the southern part of town to Wheat Ridge, smack up I25.

Hope this helps a little.