FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MIA / Miami Airport AA Terminal Renovations (consolidated)
Old May 13, 2009, 9:28 am
jlsw7

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
To be fair, my experience has been that the waiting times at the security checkpoints to get into E and D/C reduced significantly in 2008. I don't know if that was just down to the new checkpoint opening or other changes too.

Being British, my main gripe about MIA is the very long time it takes to clear immigration as compared to other US airports. This seems to me to be attributable to 3 things: (1) not enough immigration desks, (2) the system used whereby passengers line up for a particular desk as opposed to waiting in one line, which serves all desks, as this has the effect that some passengers can wait a very long time if they choose what turns out to be the wrong line, and (3) the high proportion of passengers arriving from non visa waiver scheme countries. Does anyone know if there will be a new international arrivals hall for AA passengers, when it will open and if the design will address points (1) or (2) above?

Thanks,