FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New One-Way Flex Award / Awards, <NO> Stopover Rule, and Booking Engine (May 9, 2009)
Old May 10, 2009, 4:25 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zacktravel
Yes, you can book one way and also can do mix and match. BUT, guess what boys and girls...try booking miles one way and cash the other way, prices are all over the board for cash trip. I was looking at a ORD-EYW flight outbound using cash. Price is $164 if I use cash both ways, but try a one way and price goes to $261. The $164 also changes if I try a RT with cash but come back say on a Saturday instead of Sunday. Return might be down to $224 but OB goes to $181!
I dont understand your logic about the pay portion.

Isn't it in most cases, a r/t is cheaper than a one-way, on a PAY TICKET? Also the days of the week always have pricing differentials among them - hence the Tue/Wed always the cheapest of the days to travel, and the weekends always more expensive.

The current changes, AFAIK, are all related to Awards, not related to Pay Ticket.

Unless you have found new information that AA now is going the way QF does, that all flights are priced at one-way... Otherwise, what you have found is nothing unusual and you just mix oranges with apples.