FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread
Old Apr 14, 2001, 5:00 pm
Westcoaster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Plat Amex Card Missing 5X Bonus

If you have the Hilton Platinum Amex card, be sure to check your statements to verify that you're getting the 5 HH points for every dollar spent at any of the HH properties. I just got my statement and only got 3 points per dollar for my 2 Doubletree stays this month. For those who don't have the card, the bonus is supposed to be 5 points per dollar spent at HH properties and 3 points per dollar spent elsewhere.

I called Amex and a nice man said he would have the additional points posted for me. He said that their system was supposed to automatically identify HH stays and credit the proper bonus, but that maybe the non-Hilton stays (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, etc.) weren't being picked up somehow.

I did a search and didn't see that this problem had been mentioned before so I thought I'd give a heads up to everyone else. If it HAS been mentioned before, then 10 lashes with a wet noodle for me.