FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}
Old Apr 18, 2001, 9:31 pm
FrAAmer

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
The Carlsbad property is pretty new and looks great (from the outside) nice architecture and landscaping. There is some major roadwork going on infront of the property and the hotel faces the coast highway and has interstate 5 behind, so I don't know how quiet it would be to sit at their pool, but... Carlsbad is quaint and had a few good restaurants, especially the Coyote Cafe and Neimans. It is near enough to Del Mar where there are some even better restaurants (especially Pacifica Del Mar and Cafe Del Mar, and the dining room at the Inn at L'Auberge) and much better shopping. There is a great stretch of beach nearby in Carlsbad where there is a sea wall and a great walk. Can't walk to much from the hotel but it is a short car ride to almost everything. Del Mar has great beaches, La Jolla isn't too far either and the coaster to San Diego is a great idea where there are even more restaurants and a major shopping area as well.

Dana Point has a lot going for it as well and it is close to Laguna where there are great art galleries and restaurants, though I don't know the area where the hotel is. There is a good Italian restaurant called Luchia's in Dana Point and Five Feet is in Laguna.

I LOVE San Diego!

[This message has been edited by FrAAmer (edited 04-18-2001).]

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 17, 2021 at 8:34 am Reason: Consolidation.