FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018
Old May 7, 2009, 8:58 pm
andymo99

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I am at LPM tonight after making a reservation just this morning.

I had to wait a few minutes to check-in, but once the clerk noted my creds, he was effusive with welcomes for a SPG Plat guest. He was saying what an influx they've gotten since they started participating, and asking me about my travel frequency to NYC. I noted that I come here often, but the LPM was on the do-not-stay list until they changed policy. He noted that this seemed to be the case for many. He explicitly said they wanted to impress me to earn repeat visits. He also discussed the free weekend nights promo to ensure I was familiar with it. He had a suite upgrade ready for me (the junior suite that others have received, with the swiveling tv). It is fine - not outstanding but I am satisfied. (note I had the same room type a few years ago when I didn't realize the non-participation, and hadn't stayed here since.) Oh, my rate is $275 - all of NYC seems significantly lower than the norm.

Waiting for me in the room was a notecard personalized to me, saying among other things "You no longer have to choose between us $ SPG. We're glad to have you back!" Alongside this was a complimentary liquor mini, shot glass and jar of cashews. Classy move!

LPM is definitely on my priority list for NYC stays - and very convenient to my NYC office too.