FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}
Old Apr 14, 2001, 7:14 pm
amazing nj

Stayed there in Oct 99 and agree with the above posts. It is good family resort and the beach quality is really good as is most of the southern west coast of FL. The service was good and problems such as a faulty a/c part were immediately fixed. We had a 10th floor room with a stunning view of the coastline. The 11th floor is made up solely of two bedroom suites. The rooms were nice. Make sure you get a room NOT facing the Radisson next door, it cuts the view alot. There are a couple of one bedroom suites on each floor in the middle and at the ends I think. Overall it was a good experience for my family but the Marriott is also very nice has three pools and alot more activity. The Marriot has corner end rooms called King Sunset rooms. We stayed there in June 97. The room is typical Marriot but the view was spectacular. The white sand beaches in the area are soft and do not get too hot so kids and adults can walk on the sand barefoot. If you stay in the area drive around to the other side of the island to admire some million dollar homes.

The Hilton usually takes 50% off coupons and the like. As nice as Marco Island is, and I would stay there again, Naples has some fantastic resorts (Ritz, Registry etc). If the price is equal go to Naples. If the price is less stay in Marco and pay a visit to Naples and its picture postcard perfectly manicured properties.