FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Athens {GRC}
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2001, 8:25 pm
outoftown

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
The wife and I stayed at the Athens Hilton the end of Feb on a 5 day award. Cheapo me caught the local bus to the subway to get to the hotel. Our room #1032 had an excellent night view of the Parthenon in the distance all lit up. The lounge has only two or three tables on the balcony, but the breakfast and other snacks offered throughout the day were excellent. We also got champagne, wine, cheese and other treats with the turndown service each night. Quite nice. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the 1st floor, Ta Nissia, which has some good seafood dishes. There was a series of bars/nightclubs behind the Hilton, but they all were closed while we were there (may open for summer tourists). The outdoor pool was not open while we were there, but it looked like a nice pool. The '70s feel may be due to the ballroom type of carpeted reception hall, with the big chandelier and polished brass elevators. It was strange to see people smoking cigarettes around the lobby. BTW, I have 15,000 Drachma left over I'll exchange for US$. Email me with an offer if interested. Enjoy your visit.

[This message has been edited by outoftown (edited 04-12-2001).]