FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old May 6, 2009, 3:50 pm
josephstern
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Wow!

How did you carry it all? Wheel barrow? Most I ever did was $5000 at a time due to size of my backpack and weight constraints.
Station wagon!

They must have asked questions about 'why all the coins? or something, what did you tell them?
Mostly mumbled my way through it and mentioned the US Mint.

Which bank?
Wells Fargo - and I have maybe a Premiere account or something like that with them. They mentioned a coin charge, I said I didn't think that applied to me (nicely) due to my account status, and that was the end of it.

Bank of America tried to rip me off $57.34 a week after taking the deposit of $5000 and issuing the receipt. Actually saying it was $57.34 short of the $5000 -- how then I would have had 66 cents there in the deposit that consisted of $1 coins is beyond me

At any rate, congratulations for being the biggest depositor -- I do not believe I have heard of anyone else doing that much or more at a time.
Let's hope I don't have that. Not sure when it'll all be final, but I guess when the Brinks truck signs for it, or maybe later in the process.

And I got bags for next time, so I can do the next round in my office . . .