FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with US Immigration, Customs and Border Protection.
Old May 6, 2009, 6:17 am
yyliu88

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
If you are doing this for not so often, that's fine, but if u r doing this many times, it will be a big problem for you because u r not US citizen, CBP officer has rights to refuse entry, though highly unlikely. They can also put u on a redness list, which means you will need to go to secondary inspection every time.

at some big airpots, secondary inspection can be a very quick process, but at some small airports, it will be a big hassle. expect 2 hours or more.

Also, the experiance of primary inpection officer plays a big role here. If you meet an officer who has no shoulder stripe, that means it's a new officer, you will have high possibility of being put on redness alert list.

I was putting on the list by a new officer, so since then I need to go to secondary everytime.

Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
Hi,
I am wondering if folks had problems coming into US after an international MRun? This Sunday, I was met by a very unfriendly Immigration official at SFO who checked my passport, visa. But I seemed to have set him off after I told him that I was gone only for ONE day to Switzerland and Germany. Have others had any problems with international MRuns especially if you are a resident or citizen of US? What do you say/behave so as not to come off as a potential terrorist or drug smuggler etc, which of course they already assume. How does one avoid the hassle of secondary screening and stupid small talk with Immigration police?