FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Phone Line - On Hold 30+ minutes May 2 2009
Old May 3, 2009, 9:00 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
How many hundreds, or perhaps thousands, of people do you suppose were calling the same operators (they respond to several lines, including the plain white card line, Gold line and Platinum line,) to get some help for their missed connections, delays, expected problems even prior to boarding DFW-bound flights, etc.?

Would it have been crucial to book last night and not possible to do so today?

Did you read this thread: AA DFW flights in/out delayed- weather May 2 2009 prior to posting?

Apologies, but you opened the topic and asked the question - to me, your post seems quite "me-centric" and not actually considering the realities of yesterday's DFW (the airline's main hub!) meltdown (70 MPH winds, severe thunderstorms, even SkyLink shut down at some point.)

Sorry; we know you were upset on hold and may not have known DFW was melting down - but now with 20-20 hindsight, it might prove interesting to read ahead a bit before complaining or ranting about the inevitable.

Originally Posted by sfbarry
I am trying to book tickets (9:00pm PST) that need agent assistance. I have called into the AAdvantage Platinum line three times. On hold for 30+minutes the first time (hung up) , called back: disconnected the second time and on hold 30 + minutes the third time, although a nice sounding lady comes on te line every 2 or 3 minutes aksing if I am a member of the AAdvantage program - and if not, I can join and get miles for every flight.

Could it be the weather in Dallas causing this lapse in customer service??