FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PMU Value for International Routes
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2009, 11:09 pm
DLPhoenix

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Originally Posted by hfly
That unfortunately had NOTHING to do with your earlier comment nor my criticism of it (at least the way you wrote it at the time).

Specifically you stated, "I can't recall a trip in the last 3 years where I had to make the reservation less than 3 weeks in advance and Z seats were available".
Sorry, I missunderstood your previous post.

Originally Posted by PMMMDL
I bought a RT M fare to the UK last week for travel 2 weeks from now, and managed to get a $2400 fare and Z availability for my PMU upgrades.
I was speaking from my personal experience which is a limited sample. I am happy to hear that your experience is different.

In any case, this discussion is off-topic, I don't want to turn this thread into another "Bash Delta, it is not as good as it used to be in the good old days" threads. I opened the thread because I encountered a case where the M fare was only $200 less than the lowest available BE fare. I was curious whether this is a trend, and whether I can find routes where PMUs are more effective for a passenger that can plan ahead.

So far the answer was that M fares ATL-NRT/ICN are sub $2K with real Z inventory.
Does anybody know other routes with reasonable M fares?
Any routes with M fares similar to I fares?

DLP