FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Jan 9, 2001, 12:18 pm
MisterNice
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Really Nice Stay At The Hilton Waikaloa

Hilton Waikaloa comes through. Really fantastic place with great service, food and ambience. I did not see any rust, chipped paint or anything needing repair. Super upkeep. Upon check-in the front desk guy sez we are upgraded to the executive level. Actually it was not an exec level room but we had access to it (yes, the room was very fine indeed). Comp access to the soothing spa comes with exec level. A comp 1/2 lb box of choc covered mec nuts and a nice blue bottle of water was already in the room. A sign in the room invited us to pay the "$18 resort fee" for an assortment of minor services. I declined to do so. Restaurants were good except dont get the black male waiter with the cheap gold jelewry if you expect any reasonable service in the Orchid Lounge. The avocado club sandwich came w/o avocado, the ice water never came and we had to flag him down for the check. He offered to bring the avocado after the meal was totally over. NO THANKS. The waitresses on other days were great.

The exec lounge had the largest assortment of breakfast items AND evening snackies I have ever seen in any executive or concierge lounge in any hotel.....and all were fresh and delicious. Deep fried scallops one night, smoked salmon open-faced sammishes another etc. Standard honor bar $4-$6 incl champagne on ice. Get there early for it closes at 7:00:00 PM sharp!!

A $8 valet parking charge magically appeared on my bill between the one slid under the door and the final one. The FD is skilled in removing such. Stay posted to HHonors within 4 days but the airline and car info did not survive the translation.

Overall I would give them 4.5* outta 5 stars. WAY TO GO HILTON!!!

[This message has been edited by MisterNice (edited 01-09-2001).]