FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #6" - Cairns Queensland - Memorial Day Weekend, May 22-24, 2009
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:32 am
Platy

The Cairns Night Markets

Just across from the Lagoon (open air swimming pool) and lying between Abbott Street and the Esplanade you will find the NIGHT MARKETS, open daily from about 5pm until 11pm.

There is a collection of stalls selling mostly bric-a-brac souvenirs, but there are some occasional locally made products if you are selective and after something beyond a clip on lapel koala toy!

Look out for genuine crocodile belts, classic Australian Akubra hats (actualy made from 20 rabbit pelts each!) and Driza-Bone waterproof drover's coats on one stall.

Another stall has glowing hand made candles encrusted with gritty sand and embedded with sliced crystals.

There is an opal stall and even a purveyor of locally made fruit based wines (which I can't stand the taste of!!!)

http://www.nightmarkets.com.au/

There is a food court at one end, but I personally wouldn't eat there loving my digestive system a lot more than might be ascertained from observing my Friday night beer session!