FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status match (official promotion for Italian residents)
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:21 am
flying_pig

Status match (official promotion for Italian residents)

Dear all,

LH is currently offering status match, until April 30, exclusively to Italian residents. The promotion is called "All for one flight only" and is clearly a move to respond to AZ match promotion ("Fly to the top", as detailed here).

In order to get the match, it is just necessary to fax a module with all personal details (including a copy of another FF program elite card) and fly at least one return flight in any booking class on LH, LX, OS or EN before 30 June.

Everything is clearly advertised on the Italian homepage of M&M and the application module can be downloaded from this page.

Although the process seems to be quite straight-forward, there are still some points that are unclear. At the Italian M&M phone support the operators are aware of the status match promotion, but are completely clueless regarding the "technical" details.
In particular, they confirmed that:
- Any SkyTeam Elite Plus card would be matched to SEN, with expiration date Feb 2011.
- They are willing to strictly enforce the "Italian residents only" rule and mentioned that they might ask for "proof of residency" later on and that it would not be possible to change the country of residence in the M&M account until Feb 2011 (not sure how/if they would actually implement such restrictions).

However, nobody was able to give me answers regarding a few points:
- How long will it take for the match to take effect?
- Will we get the full SEN "package" (including eVouchers), or just the bare status (I suppose the latter)?
- Will we get some sort of confirmation/acknowledgement after qualifying for the promotion, or just an automatic match?

I was wondering whether anyone here in the forum had enrolled in the promotion earlier than I did and perhaps could enlight us on how/when everything happens.

On a more personal note, it seems that LH has momentarily picked-up on BD habits to give away status fairly easily... The only possible conclusion is that the Italian market must have extremely profitable prospects for the airline.

Many thanks-