FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random bonus? "Promo campagne keep going" [sic]
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:24 am
Dunthiel

Originally Posted by rangerss75
The flights must be eligible for mileage earning. French internal flights count (they only don't count for the status by sector count for French residents). When you make a booking, click on miles earning (on the last page) to make sure they earn some (probably 125) miles before you go ahead and confirm.

I had decided to abandon AF (for *A) after the new rules, but already had one return journey booked, when I received one of their personalised offers of 9,000 miles if I flew six sectors between March 15th and June 15th. So I booked four flights (two returns) at the cheapest rates, for journeys I should otherwise have made by rail.They each only earn 125 miles (because of the crappy new rules), doubled because of my Platinum Status. I'm doing it solely for the 9,000 miles bonus, which gives me more miles to spend over the next couple of years.

Then no need (or intention) of flying AF again, except for one flight in 2010 to ensure another soft-landing as I gradually disappear down the status ladder into oblivion.
Thank you very much rangerss75, that's really useful and appreciated^

I have a three or five sector trip planned around France, so that should get me about 10k miles in total - not bad considering I had also 'abandoned' the FB program. Yearly trips to visit family using Air Europa should keep my miles current.

Thanks

Dan