Old Apr 27, 09, 6:17 pm
baggageinhall

Programs: BA
My day in Hong-Kong

I decided to store my bags at the airport and so headed over to left luggage. I then walked over to the airport station and caught a train into Hong Kong.

The airport express whisked me into Hong Kong where I spent half a day doing all the major tourist things; the Peak, the Star Ferry and Kowloon and dim sum at the Lei Garden in the IFC mall.

I had, courtesy of the FT Hong Kong forum, recommended to me a number of fantastic restaurants but by the time I reached HK station it was 1.30pm and I was very hungry. The Lei Garden had a decent dim sum menu and after a 10 minute wait, I was seated at table ready to order.

Prawns

Spring Rolls

Steamed buns with beef

Beautifully steamed dumplings

I decided that I had to try something out of the comfort zone so it was a choice between spiced blubber and duck gizzard. The gizzard won; literally in fact as I ate just two slices. It was cold and very rubbery. An acquired taste Iím sure, Iíll have to go back and try again.

By 6pm I began to feel tired. I had only scraped the surface of what there was to discover in Hong Kong but I needed a shower and a sit down. I made my way back to Hong Kong station and boarded the waiting Airport Express