FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island {US-SC} (no longer Honors)
Old Aug 16, 2000, 6:42 am
harold
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I’ve stayed there twice, most recently in April of this year, and enjoyed it thoroughly both times. The standard rooms are very large, each with a mini kitchen and dining area. All of the rooms open to an open-air breezeway. I was there with my extended family and we had three rooms, two of which were under my HHonors number……I believe I got over 22,000 points for the four nights we were there!

Anyway, the resort has two pools, one for adults only, a heated family pool and a kiddie wading pool. There’s a nice pool bar that also serves up sandwiches near the family pool. There are also a couple of hot tubs overlooking the beach. Of course, golf is huge on Hilton Head and a large tennis center is a short walk from the hotel (hourly rates for the courts is about $20!!)

The seafood restaurant in the hotel (can’t remember the name) is pretty good. But my favorite seafood restaurant on the island is Charley’s Crab.

To my knowledge, they’re aren’t really any amenities for HHonors members at the hotel.

Riding bikes around the island and on the beach is a big pastime, but don’t rent them from the hotel unless you enjoy paying twice what you should. A large bike rental shop is located across from the tennis center with much better prices. The hotel does participate in the Vacation Station program, so they do have games and toys for the kids at no charge.

Overall, it’s a great resort.

[This message has been edited by harold (edited 08-16-2000).]