FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caribe Hilton {PRI}
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2000, 4:22 pm
DrHowser

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I am acutally sitting in a room on the 6th floor right now at the Caribe Hilton. I will just start listing some of the stuff I have seen here during my stay...which will be 23 days by the time I am done.

It hotel is OK, but it is not really close to anything.

It is 10 minutes ($20) taxi ride down to Isla Verde where the good clubs and some restaturants are.

It is 10 minutes ($20) taxi ride in the other direction to head to 'Old San Juan'.

Private beach is a little small, however the overall pool is very nice and there is plenty of seating around the pool.

Recently had a lot of elevator problems....to the point where both elevators where out of service for two days. We we directed to using the service elevators. Then, the service elevators did not stop of the 5th, 6th or 6th floor.

Service is a little slow at the regular check in. But, since you are using points, you are most likely with some sort of status with Hilton. Use the Executive Check In. When you are gettgin out of your car at the front entrance, look to the far right in the back close to the stairs. There are a set of blue double doors. The service in there is much nicer and more efficient than the front desk.

The restaturant is a little cold...unless they seat you down by the windows where it is noticeably warmer. If you have any problems with the service (I did one night) ask for Roberto.

Rooms are standard...nothing special to note.

I think that is about it....