FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}
Old Jun 24, 2000, 12:30 am
Chiangi

I received a reply from a manager of the Conrad in SIN.

The manager says he regrets that they could not accommodte my request for a higher floor room and said ''the required corrective action has been taken with both our personnel and prcedures.'' --> not sure what this means.

He also says, ''I would advise that the young lady checking you in, did make an error in requesting a S$20.00 supplement, however, having spoken to the young lady concerned, she is now aware of her genuine mistake.''

--> A genuine mistake? Oh, well.

''I very much hope that this regrettable incident will not prevent you from returning to the Conrad International Centennial, when next you are in Singapore,'' he added.

With some comments made by others here and heard from my collegues, I really wonder if this Conrad will live up to what this manager says or doesn't say so explicitly -- assuring upgrade to Gold members (on room availability basis).

Given such carefully worded respose, I do not feel like returning there for the foreseeable future. I might try after I hit Diamond with the Hyatt, just to see if they live up to it.

I've already switched my allegience to the Hyatt, which already got my business on June 16, the first stay in Singapore after my unpleasant experience at the Conrad in early June. I've also made a reservation with the Hyatt for my next stay on June 30 in SIN.