FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accidental French Polynesia + First Time Ever Business Class
Old Apr 26, 2009, 9:50 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

It was great to read your thread as our niece leaves tonight for French Polynesia and the Hilton Moorea. She was married yesterday. Was it gof who found the great deal? We were already sending her as our wedding gift, and had the hotel booked with Starwood points. We stayed there last summer and loved the property. With the glitch, we were able to gift her over the water all five nights. So it was terrific to read your report on the renovated bungalows. They were moving in the new TVs last year when we were there. What else are they doing to the units?

It's interesting that you didn't have an internet signal. We were in 101 last year, and had an intermittently excellent signal. I could sit on our deck and read FlyerTalk. Do you know if they plan to put up any more stations?

I learned from you that Sophie Bardot left, which is a shame. I liked her very much. Do you have any idea where she has moved?

I enjoyed very much reading about the "perfect storm" that allowed you to get both your air and hotel in such economical ways. Terrific!