FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Stays Posting Problems: Stays Missing, Delayed or Not Posting
Old May 18, 2000, 4:50 pm
honu

I have this love-hate relationship w/HHonors (mmm... come to think of it, w/AA too. But that's another forum). On the one hand, they are a truly innovative program:
1) their double-dipping system is truly wonderful*
2) they often offer fantastic promos**
3) w/Garden Inns and the new hotels they recently acquired, they have a great variety of properties to fit almost all budgets and geographical requirements***

* when it works
** if they remember to post the points/miles
*** except for Hawai'i, but that seems to be improving w/the addition of Embassy suites and Doubletree properties

One the other hand:
a) their customer service is, for the most part, absolutely horrendous (the long hold times are just a prelude to the cluelessness of many of its CS reps)
b) inevitably, many of the points/miles promised for promos don't post and require a phone call/email to CS (shudder!!)
c) the room upgrades promised to Gold (and Diamond) members often depend on the whim of the employee at the reception desk (regardless of occupancy levels). In other words, it's a once-in-a-blue-moon event. Enjoy it if it ever happens...

The inconsistency of quality in different properties is another negative point that I could add to the second list, but, to be fair, Hilton is not alone in that.

I have to say that Marriott, by comparison, has a less glitzy program, which perhaps makes it more straightforward and easier to manage. I like Hilton's greater points/miles opportunities, but only if I don't have to spend a huge amount of time and effort to get them. Life is too short for this kind of aggravation...