FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zurich recommendations
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:36 am
vuittonsofstyle

The Dolder

Originally Posted by Groombridge
I agree that the Dolder Grand is superb. I stayed there two weeks ago and despite heavy discounting (2 nights for the price of 1), I saw no indication of the cutbacks that I've read about luxury hotels making. Large glass bottles of water replenished frequently, as was the excellent fruit service. A spa-like bathroom (7 shower heads, a separate tub positioned in front of a floor-to-ceiling window; a wide array of bath amenities, with a full range of bath toiletries (oils, salts, candle, etc.) and a separate collection of shower toiletries. Free wireless internet, which is less frequent than I'd wish in luxury hotels. Very high-tech room (perhaps a bit too high tech for some tastes, requiring the use of a gadget to unfurl and furl the sunshades, day drapes, night drapes, etc.) The finest hotel gym I have ever seen. A spa that rivals the new ESPA at Gleneagles for as the must beautifully designed hotel spa I've experienced. After feeling some degree of let down over other much-praised 5-star city hotels (the Bulgari in Milan, the Villa Spaletti Trivelli in Rome), I was really blown away by this one.

This joins the Villa Feltrinelli, Amankora, and the Four Seasons Istanbul at Sultanahmet as among the nicest stays I've had in the past few years.
I quite agree. The food, too, is sensational and the young staff extremely well trained. It is now one of the very best hotels in Europe - a real urban resort.