FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Emergency Call Button" of Spirit Airlines
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:59 pm
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I think the Spirit FAs generally do well under very stressful circumstances. Sometimes they overdo the drill-sergeant bit on the loudspeaker (i.e. without visible cause), and one time I heard the "We're here, now beat it" announcement because apparently the plane had a quick turnaround.

I tend to set the bar very low on expectations, as I have flown other ULCCs (like Air Asia and Tiger Airways and now Allegiant-see my recent Trip Report there) quite a bit. Am also a real bottom-fisher on the fare sales, being lucky enough to have flexibility to bend the work schedules.

I do sense a real cynicism on the part of upper management at Spirit. They obviously don't take any customer threats to switch carriers very seriously, believing price is king. The recent $9.80 "passenger usage fee" masquerading as a tax really takes the cake. I guess adding $5 per leg to the sale fares was just too straightforward.