FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award e-ticket receipt, wrong taxes (?) and wrong NVB/NVA dates (?)
Old Apr 11, 2009, 2:43 am
Hanseat

Originally Posted by rampant
Thank you for the link!
I'd also like to chime in with my relating question!
Can I assume that taxes and fees were miscalculated if i was charged GBP 242 for a oneway DRS-SEA, whereas the same one-way flight on LH only shows GBP 161 in taxes and fees? And why am I being charged an air fare on an award:

[...]

Is there an airfare charge for one-way awards? All my other LH award bookings didn't charge an airfare.

And lh.com says:

[...]

So the question is, how do I know what they were supposed to charge me? I find the GBP 242 rather unbelieveable. And if I should have doubts and reasons to reclaim some money - who should I best be writing to at BMI?
Thank you and Happy Easter!
There shouldn't be an airfare charged for an miles-only award booking, for cash and miles bookings, they seem to charge the cash portion of the booking as the airfare.

At least you've been charged the same taxes lh.com quotes you (same tax codes, amounts seem to vary, whould be interesting to know the reason for this, maybe they are percental taxes and bmi uses a different basis to calculate them).

To find out which taxes were charged, I found this list helpful.