FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Harbour Castle Plat Problems
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:37 am
Snow Goose

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by MarkSF
I checked into the Westin Harbour Castle yesterday. I had called ahead to inquire about an upgrade, and was told I would get one. When I checked in, I was told they could not upgrade me. I got to my room, checked on spg.com, and several Junior Suites were available. I called down to the Front Desk, and they said they would upgrade me tomorrow (today). I just moved into a "Junior Suite" and it is smaller than my last room, but has a balcony.

Did I get duped, or are the Junior Suites here nothing more than a balcony?

Thanks!
Not sure, since as a Platinium I have never gotten (in 10+ stays) any type of suite at this property. I believe they have a very small number of suites to go around, although I have never pressed them on it. Generally speaking I ask for (and usually receive) a "corner" lakeview room, which is quite nice.

This hotel in general is not great with respect to platinum recognition. If you want to be treated like royalty, go to the Le Meridian King Edward instead - fantastic lounge (free alcohol, decent appetizers, and great breakfst offering), huge suites (you will be automatically upgraded 9 times out of 10), great beds etc. Plus, with Royal Club access you can reserve boardroom time and have access to local Limo shuttle service if required.

Of course, this information doesn't help if you are at the Harbour Castle for a conference.

SG