Old Apr 5, 09, 7:34 am
SkiUtah
Suspended

Just got back from staying at the park hyatt beaver creek and wanted to fill everyone in on the latest i saw. I have stayed here before and will absolutely stay here again! There are too many negative reviews on this board and it is a great property with an amazing location! If you have the chance to stay here do it.

-Location is directly in the beaver creek village. Easy access to shopping, ice skating, restaraunts, and bars. The hotel is also located on the ski slopes!

-Parking is indeed 24 dollars a day, but you can park for free at the beaver creek entrance elk lot and ride the shuttle bus to the village. Attractive as the hotels location is so ideal most people will never need their car. I am a repeat visitor and always park in the beaver creek lot after i check-in.

-The ski valet is the one of the best perks of this hotel. Amazing convenience.

-The Spa here is amazing. Recent multi-million dollar upgrade, asked to take a look and they were very nice to show me around the beautiful facilities.

-I received crystal geyser water in the room instead of the usual Fiji water. Maybe this was because i didnt pay the resort fee since i used points or maybe they ran out of fiji water.

-The Allegria spa shampoos and soaps in the room are very nice quality and smell great

-The pool and hot tubs here are very nice. Smore happy hour (4-5) and a great fire pit are located slopeside.

-If you request a coffee maker they will bring one to your room (complimentary) with great local coffee selections.

-The cafe is pricey but offers pretty tasty food and has a nice seating area down the hallway where the temporary restaurant was during renovations.

-There are much cheaper dining options in the village so no reason you need to eat here if its too pricey.

-The new restaurant 8100 that just went in is a big upgrade. Very nicely done. Great new bar area. New bar menu with some lower priced items available at Dinner. The beef sliders were sixteen dollars and filled me up. Very tasty. Breakfast buffet was 31 dollars for adults and did look very good. There are much cheaper very close breakfast options right in the village so no reason to pay that if you arn't a big breakfast eater.

-Points are a great use at this hotel, as rates can be quite high. I have Never paid full price.

-Stayed here using points and the resort fee was waved! The resort fee is still 18 a day. They did welcome me back as a repeat guest (was my fifth time staying here)

-This hotels location is great. It is a great ski hotel. You have to remember that it is a ski resort hotel. This hotel is very popular with families. You will always see lots of kids running around during ski season. The high amount of kids makes the hotel staff do extra work running around cleaning up after all of them. I think they do an excellent job. You can't compare it to a Park Hyatt that deals with business travelers. This is a vacation hotel and they do a great job conditions permitting.

-The hotel sells alot of the more premium rooms and suits regularly during peak ski season so gold passport guests can't be upgraded often because the rooms have been paid for. That isn't the hotels fault they cant upgrade people if the rooms are booked. All rooms here are nice anyway its not a big problem. No HD tv, but you are here to ski and get away, who cares about the TV.

I have stayed at the Ritz Bachelor Gulch, Stein Eriksen Lodge, Hotel Park City, Four Seasons Jackson Hole. The only one of those i enjoy more than the Park Hyatt BC is the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City, Utah. The Stein Eriksen is easily the best ski hotel in North America period but the Park Hyatt is a great hotel.

If you have the chance to stay here do it. The location is great in the village. It is a great hotel if you can get a good package rate or use points. I personally do not think its worth 500 a night as there are so many lodign options in the vail/beaver creek area, but it is a great hotel with the best location.

Last edited by SkiUtah; Apr 5, 09 at 8:22 pm