FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Delta ruin NWA World Clubs?
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:51 pm
aa4ever

Originally Posted by thepla
I see you're Platinum on AA and if we do a comparison of either WC or CRC vs AC anyone would jump all over CRC or WC.

BUT, if we compare WC vs CRC it would be in disbelieve that anyone would choose a CRC. I'm sure there are exceptional clubs in either program but in the majority of them the CRC's just are lousy.

Unless I'm missing something I've never been to a CRC that had more than biscouts with chocolate spread, and pretzel type of mix. Even breakfast offers minor muffins, etc.

WC has sort of a full bagel/english muffins type breakfast with several types of cheese and peanut butter,granola bars, yogurt. Their midday and evenings have cheese, crackers, carrots, fruits, cookies (three types and in MKE one even has M&M's inside).

Even though both are free I surely like the self serve bars. I rarely have a non soft drink and hate waiting for a bartender for a soda. I guess if I did want a drink it would be nice to control how much "juice" I wanted to add.

Being ST Elite + (BTW with UA or AA you only need middle tier) I can get into international lounges and with CO going away along with CRC and WC being the same I do not have a desire to buy a membership since I have the Platinum Amex.

It is also nice that AA has been added to the Amex benefit since I've started flying them again.
I'm actually doing most of my domestic flying (RDU-LGA) on DL now b/c prices have been so much better recently (as in half the price when I book). I wouldn't say it's as clear a win for CRC/WC over AC as you say. While the complimentary food and drink options are better at the DL/NW options, the ACs have much nicer facilities, in my experience. I find them to be much more modern, more power plugs, and in better condition.

I didn't realize that NW always had the more expanded food options out; I've only been in one at the time when DL has expanded offerings out. I always assumed it was the same. That does get me to swing towards NW on the food issue, I'll admit. That being said, during the cocktail hour and breakfast, I don't think there's a clear winner. Plus, I like the choices DL has better than the NW ones (again, only during the hours when the selection is expanded).

I too also use the Amex Platinum to access lounges. Much, much more convenient for me as I fly both DL and AA to a decent extent (more segments on DL, but all 500 miles).