FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longhaul menu / menus; meal experiences/requests for menus 2009 (consolidated)
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:41 pm
Carfield

Prior to arrival meal on European to USA flights

Just curious when American Airlines will change the light meal service from Europe to USA... I don't fly transatlantic much, but that Asian Chicken Salad (which is too sweet) or pizza meal is truly awful. Time to change... Too many pizza - I wonder how many pizzas AA has bought and kept in stock... how about a sandwich or a salad with healthier ingredients? Maybe on UK to USA flight, tea sandwiches and scones will be nice... I assume if UA can serve it, it is not that expensive to serve tea sandwiches and scones.

About the chicken fried steak, definitely agree... not good for airline menu item... AA labels it as an "American Classic" item... I know CFS is possibly cheaper to serve, but if you want to serve a chopped sirloin steak, how about a simple meat loaf? Or a grilled chopped sirloin steak with gravy... "fried" food is never good on planes and does not survive the frozen and re-heat process well...

Here is the menu and you can look at the CFS:-
American Airlines AA 197
Boston to San Francisco
First Class
March 2009
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqNIY

Wine and Beverages
Sparkling Wine
Scudo di Corte Prosecco

White Wines
Westside White, Paso Robles
Louis Latour Chardonnay Ardeche

Red Wines
Westside Red, Paso Robles
Wente Southern Hills Cabernet Sauvignon, Livermore Valley

Dining Services
Thank you for choosing American Airlines. It is our pleasure to offer you a variety of dining options on today’s flight. We invite you to experience new menu items we call American Classics: where comfort meets gourmet.

To Start
Warm Mixed Nuts

Appetizer
Cajun-style roasted chicken breast offered on a fresh corn salad

Salad
A combination salad featuring fresh seasonal greens offered with pepper cream dressing or Sapori d’Arte olive oil and balsamic vinegar and accompanied by an artichoke, wild mushroom and pea salad

Bread Basket
Assorted Gourmet Breads

Main Course
Chicken Fried Steak
Fried breaded sirloin steak served with pepper cream gravy, mashed potatoes and haricots verts with carrots
An American Classic Item

Stuffed Lasagna Roll
Tender lasagana pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, topped with a creamy tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal fruit toppings, whipped cream and pecans
Or
Fruit and cheese
A selection of seasonal fruit and fine cheeses

To Finish
Ghiradelli Chocolate

Light Refreshment
Freshly baked on board, OtisSpunkmeyer cookies

Pre-Arrival Beverage
For your enjoyment
Chilled sparkling water with a fresh citrus garnish

3/09
2 Cls, First, Dinner – Snack