FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF stubbornness on ticket change
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:12 pm
StefanNYC

Programs: DL DM; UA; AA
Thanks a lot to everyone who replied! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Since AF/KL has changed your schedule considerably you are supposed to be able to cancel free of charge. Also, since by their own admission, they do not sell the class you booked in (and wanted to change anyways) on the flight you want, you can demand to be rebooked (even with a fee) into a class they do sell on that flight.
Originally Posted by NickB
In case of flight cancellation, you have a legal entitlement under EC Regulation 261/2004 to be offered the possibility of cancelling your trip and getting your money back (within 7 days). Count this as a golden opportunity to avoid N class by cancelling and making a new separate booking.
I didn't even realize that cancelling/refunding is in principle a possibility. Well, one problem is, it has been more than 7 days since they notified me about the change... so it may happen that that train has left? OTOH, I have to see whether I actually want to cancel (I do need to go, and the fares right now are noticeably higher).

Originally Posted by cfischer
is the flight 3 hrs later still the old flight #? They might argue it is 'just a schedule change'.
No, different number. Apparently they have just eliminated the flight I was originally on.