FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2009, 4:14 pm
todd_m

Programs: UAL 1K; Marriott Platinum Premier; SPG Gold
Here's the Scoop

I spend one or two weeks a month at Grosvenor House. First of all there is a tremendous group of people working there. Katrin in Customer Relations is ridiculously helpful. I have stayed at every Marriott in London and Grosvenor House is my favorite, with Grosvenor Square a close second - due mostly to the staff at either location.

Car service from LHR to Grosvenor House is ~65 GBP. You can arrange for car service through the concierge at GH and they will send a mid-sized Mercedes sedan. However, if you have a lot of luggage you should ask for a people carrier (UK term for a van).

For me, the most cost-efficient way to get there - without hopping on the Tube - is the Heathrow Express. 16.50 GBP one-way and 32GBP for a return ticket (return = round-trip).

It leaves 4 times an hour, and takes little more than 15 minutes to get to London Paddington. From Paddinton you join the Taxi queue and for 8 to 10 GBP, depending on traffic, you can take a Black Taxi to Grosvenor House. If you ask them to drop you at the Park Lane entrance, you save a pound. When you tip a Taxi driver, you should only round up to the nearest pound, or an extra pound if the tip equates to 50 pence or less.

So for two people, you are looking at 43GBP each-way. A taxi from the hotel will ring you up for 65-70, which is the same as the car service. The car service can be billed to your room. I have never taken the tube, but I am guessing you are looking at 75 minutes and 15+ stops to get to Hyde Park Corner. (Not a bad walk from there through the park, though)

Hope that Helps!

Last edited by todd_m; Mar 31, 2009 at 4:21 pm