FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buffalo Marriott Niagara, NY [Master Thread]
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:11 am
yyzflyer

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by rss716
I live locally, the Marriott has been completely renovated recently, within the last year or two. The Residence Inn property has been around for 20 years or so, and I am unsure how much has been renovated there, so I would be wary
Stayed recently at the Residence Inn on Maple (couple of blocks from the FS Marriott) and I can confirm the above about being wary. Formerly one of our favorites in the area, it is now in pretty rough shape and badly in need of a makeover. On weekends they also ask you to sign a separate "bond" agreeing to pay for any damage to the room and charge a refundable $100 deposit to your credit card to ensure this. The latter was waived for myself as an elite member, but I still had to sign the paper before they would process check-in. They say this is due to a lot of problems with local partyers, but it is a sad testimony to what used to be a well-kept property. Breakfast was rather pitiful and full of very large local family groups.

On the other hand, the other local Residence Inn in Cheektowaga (which is the new style) has overcome some of their management issues. I am happy to report large improvements in housekeeping and food service. Since it is in a much better location, they'll be getting more of our business in the future.