FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH to fit PrivateAir BJs with Y seat section
Old Mar 16, 2009, 5:50 am
SFTNYC

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by SenAOI
My two cents: once Private Air, but never Private Air again. With or without Y cabin.
Salve Luigi
My one privatair experience was a saturday MUC-BOS on the BBJ2 (737-800). There were 9 of us on the plane. It was very nice in that regard and probably the closest to being on a private jet that I will ever come. The cabin service was similar to LH, very attentive and quick given the low number of passengers. My experience would surely have been very different if the flight were full.

The seats are certainly not as nice as LH C. It is not as adjustable (it has only 2 buttons for up and down. You can stop it between full up and full down, but that's it. The backrest, tilt of the bottom cushion and legrest cannot be controlled individually.)

The separate entertainment unit is annoying. I was able to watch during the meal by placing it on the table of the empty seat next to me, but again if the flight were full this would not have been possible.

The whole experience did have some novelty value, but I think I will stick to regular LH C. The only problem to BOS in the winter is the timing, the flight from FRA leaves at 10:30AM (too early), MUC leaves much later at 3:30PM.