FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long do refunds take?
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:07 am
LRESFG

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I submitted a refund request several weeks ago to refund a ticket I couldn't use against a future booking due to a glitch in the AC reservation system (the Lat fare I wanted was $400ish and was coming up $1200ish). I haven't heard anything - not even a confirmation of receipt.

I called and got voicemail but the mailbox was full. This doesn't fill me with confidence. Is this typical?
I was told earlier this week that a refund I requested would take at least two credit card billing cycles to appear (since it has to be refunded as per the original payment). I have absolutely nothing to verify anything is happening, since my request was to a phone agent who said she sent the file to AC Refunds for action.

The good news was that this agent knew what to do. I was following FT advice to keep phoning back if initially unable to get a satisfactory answer. The refund arises from AC (Jazz) cancelling the YVR/YYJ portion of a YYZ/YYJ ticket and the YVR airport staff telling everyone to go and take the ferry. Although the airport staff said a refund would be processed, they apparently did nothing, and the first call to AC elicited the advice to "write and plead your case". It will be interesting to see what amount the eventual refund is.

An email has been sent to AC Customer Relations about this and other aspects of the flights.