FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report: bmi short haul C (using a GUV) and ever faster dropping standards at bmi
Old Mar 13, 2009, 3:41 am
KenF

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Seeing a mid-haul at the gate, and being ravenously hungry, I presented 2 whole shiny GUVs to upgrade myself and a colleague, "certainly sir, no problems".

When I asked for a champagne to go with the chicken 'n pesto sarnie, I was refused. A discussion ensued as to why, during which I was presented with the passenger manifest, with 6 of us having "no meal" written against our names. "As you've all been upgraded for the trim of the aircraft, sir, you're not entitled to anything". " Er, but we've both paid for an upgrade, we understand about the meal, but we'd like the rest of the business class service thank you very much". Apologies, but nothing : no offer of another drink, no tea or coffee, no hot towels tweezered in our direction.
I think this justifies a letter to Donnington to get the GUVs back! This isn't good at all! In fact, if it had been me, I'd have probably reacted very negatively, and would have been right to the CS desk on my arrival.

I always thought the GUVs had turned into a bit of a joke, but this really is well beyond the limit.

Yes, thats our bmi alright!

Ken.

Willard the Bear - He'd have set the Bear on them - I bet! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr