FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "V" Class
Thread: "V" Class
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2009, 2:23 pm
GaryO3

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DashPilot
Recently hit silver on Delta. All the flights that I have been upgraded on showed a "V" next to the fare class on my activity statement. Until yesterday that is. Flew ATL-BHM in seat 30 something as booked, but it's displaying the v next to the flight on my statement. Wondering if I was upgraded and no one told me about it. I didn't get a seat re-assignment card when my boarding pass was scanned, so I'm wondering if I didn't get an upgrade when the flight was being closed out.

Don't really care, just trying to learn the game. Thanks!
Unless you were on an extremely early flight (like the first one of the day), it is highly improbable (not impossible, just high improbable) that as a FO you'll get upgraded either way ATL-BHM. As a PM, that was one of the most difficult segments to get an upgrade on and often I'd be 5 or 6 down the list. There are tons of people who drive to BHM (including a lot from ATL) to avoid the high prices that you get flying out of the hub.

My guess is that you are just seeing a glitch. However, as has been pointed out, if you are at the top of the list and think you have a shot either wait it out or make sure the GA will pull you up if you happen to clear.