Old Mar 7, 09, 4:42 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Cst2Cst View Post
So I read first 100 or so posts. So I guess I can do the following with them:

-Take them to the bank. Two blocks away and I could be lifting "weights" on the way
-Pay for small items/coffee/minor tips but that would take forever to use and would require me to carry them around
-Do grocery shopping with them - go in with a cart load of coins come out with a cart load of food... The coin for food program if you will .

Personally with cash at a premium and the auto industry in dire needs, I would to take this down to the local car dealership and trade in 12,000 coins for a car just to annoy them. Thats after I tell them I need the best deal because I will pay fully in cash. May even throw in a few quarters and dines just for fun.
Hmm... Like the idea of using $1 coins for buying a car... especially at the dealerships that don't accept CC's as payment

(That way you do earn miles after all )

I used these a lot in NYC where places didn't take my Visa & as tips occasionally.