FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 5, 09, 5:52 pm
jamiegutz

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
Trip Report Jan 09

I had two stays at the Hyatt in Jan 09 (both 2X 3 nights). I love this hotel and allways stay here when in London. On both stays i was in a suite (paid for on the first stay, and then upgraded using GP points on an FFN!!).

Couple of things i really dont like though:

THe club floor gets far too busy and i find the service levels very erratic from one guest to another. For example, when i asked for another bottle of water from one of the staff (who shall remain nameless) he looked at me like i had grown two heads and had disturbed him. He then went over to a table of middle eastern guests, broke straight into arabic, started laughing and joking with them, and went and bought them more food.

Also the lack of free internet in the Club Lounge is very dissappointing. To be honest if you are here on a business trip there is very little enhancement to your business dealings by staying on the club floor. The staff at the front desk of the lounge wont even print any documents for you (best thing to do is to email to the conceirge downstairs and they will do it for free and send it to your room.

Most of the time the staff were pretty good, excellent in fact , and one german lady in particular was very helpful in arranging my GP upgrade on my FFN. Cant remember her name.

Other than that the hotel is excellent, breakfast downstairs is good (but a bit pricey, but thats london i suppose!), and if you get the chance Locanda Locatillis is one of the best restaurants i have been to.

And a quick tip - if you have booked a suite you can almost allways get an upgrade to an executive suite (if they are available) by enforcing your right to a guaranteed non smoking room (if you have platinum or Diamond Status). All of the Junior Suites are on one floor and is a designated smoking floor. Both myself and my wife are asthmatic and realy do suffer if there is any lingering smoke around, and they have allways accomodated this reqest for me/us.