FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Global Entry worthwhile?
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:10 am
spaceman
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Howgart
Last 2 times trying to exit JFK (last week and the week before) neither agent I handed my receipt to, had a clue what it was. Both times as I approached, the agents said "Customs declaration form" upon which I handed over my kiosk receipt. Both times, the response I got was "what's this?" First time, the agent had to call over a supervisor. Last time, after I responded "It's from the GE kiosk" his answer was "whatever" and he waved me through. Seems as if they don't see that many of these at the AA terminal. Back through today. so we'll see what happens this time!
I agree, there is a learning process and it is obviously slow. First time through IAD I had both the GE Slip and the Customs Form - agent sent me to secondary as he did not know what to do. Second time through no problem but the agent asked for my customs form, just happen to have it so gave it to him and away I went. Last time through I was prepared - gave him my GE slip and customs form, he tore up the customs form and that is when he told me no need for it and said next time just scoot along the side and hand us the slip.