FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10 days in Paris
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2009, 8:32 pm
youreadyfreddie

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by burberrybrit
I love Les Deux. I have fond memories of savoring a cafe creme while engaging with a British couple next to me and watching Paris go by. Ah, the simple life.
The first time we went there someone at a nearby table ordered the most amazing looking omelette. We keep threatening to go back to have an omelette, but usually end up just having a drink and taking it all in. There's a great bookstore a couple of doors down. We usually check out a few a bookstores while we're there.

Across the intersection and down a bit, there's a Monoprix across the street from Cartier. That Monoprix is a good place to pick up the ingredients necessary for a decent picnic over in Luxembourg Gardens, which is a nice place to have lunch, do some reading, or just enjoy the park and the people. I've seen some pretty competetive chess matches and friendly games of petanque. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

We keep meaning to get to Willi's, but haven't. We'll be there in a few months. I'll put it on the list.