FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Global Entry worthwhile?
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:21 am
MileHigh

Programs: AA EXP 3.3MM; GE & IRIS
I did the GE on-line application via GOES on Saturday, 28 February and received an email notification to schedule my interview yesterday, 02 March, and had my interview at 8am this morning at MIA. CBP Officer told me I should have final acceptance by the end of today.

The CBP sticker does allow you to go to the front of the Passport line if you get a "X" (which means you have been randomly selected to be checked by a CBP Officer) but also allows you to go the the front of the line after baggage claim and if you are directed to the baggage inspection area.

Going to the front of the line will be interesting since many are not aware of this program. The CBP Officer at the MIA GE Office joked and told me to just say "CIA, make way...".

The GE Kiosks at the D/E MIA Passport area are located in the rear next to the "Customer Service" desks.

BTW, I was also told CBP has been checking finger prints of resident aliens which has resulted in a huge increase in the number of arrests. Finger print checking will begin for US Citizens soon (no specific date given).