FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Saver vs. Standard Award
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:15 pm
covsting76

I use to always fly with Northwest but back on my last vacation I found a great deal, $320 round trip to Frankfort Germany, which gave me a decent amount of United miles. So since i just recently hit my 25k mile mark with NWA and have a free flight banked with them and I currently sit at 14.5k miles with United from my Germany trip my thought was why not fly with United until i hit the 25K mile mark with them since I already have 14.5k. And now i have accomplished that. Well I will hit the 25k mark with United this friday actually. So now i have 25k with United, 25k with NWA... Enough for a free flight on both airlines at least i think? So now i DO want to stick with one airline from now on.

I am just confused on all the details and information, on which one is better. UA has some 500 mile coupon that i cant seem to find that much info on and there website seems alot more confusing to use then NWA.

Basically i fly from SYR - DFW 2 weeks a month for work and on a rare occusion i will fly into TVC (Traverse City, Michigan) which is where my family is to visit.

So from everyones experience and based on my flying locations and since price really isnt an issue since its paid for by work. Which airline and there partners is a better fit. NWA / Delta and there partners or United and there partners.

Upgrades would be nice but like i said i am fairly new to all the details of the freq. flyer programs and every little detail so just wondering who would you reccommend sticking with from now on NWA (Delta) or UA?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by snic
OP: Welcome to FT! ^

It wasn't foolish for the OP to fly both airlines equally at first, to see how they compare. Now he can decide, based on his experiences with them and on their frequent flier programs, which one he wants to focus on.