FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton San Diego Bayfront {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:03 am
bostonpilot

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by bos_adventuregirl
I just made HH Gold in Dec. (so I'm new to this) and have a question: I'm booked at the San Diego Bayfront Hilton this summer with an Executive level room. As a Gold, what should I hope for as a bennie? Upgrade to a suite (dreaming right?) or just a free breakfast or internet? I know I can set the values in MyWay, which I've got as "upgrade." But since I'm already on the Exc floor, what are the chances of upgrading beyond that?

FYI, I'm staying with the family for five nights -- during the Comic Convention.

Thanks!
As mentioned above, you won't get anything during ComicCon in San Diego, everything books up solid.

Despite that though, I have been very unimpressed with the treatment at Hilton properties in San Diego. Based on casual observations (Ownership names on elevator safety certs, etc), I think most/all of the properties in town are owned by the same people, and thus the uniform treatment.

During the last half of 2007, I did ~20 separate stays in San Diego Hilton brand properties. I stayed in all of the non HI properties in town as a Diamond.

Across the board, I had to ask for an upgrade and with that hardly ever got one. The Doubletree Club would occasionally give me a suite, but the hotel isn't all that nice. The Hilton Gaslamp gave me an exec room a couple of times, but the price is usually outrageous. All the other properties it was either a no go or an occasional exec room unhappily given to me.

The only exeption was at the Hilton San Diego Resort where I stayed for a week and got a nice upgrade without asking.

San Diego is a great city, but I am far from impressed from the HHonors treatment there.