FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hawaii (all islands)
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:58 pm
ordflyboy

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Hawaii (all islands)

I am a platinum and very loyal to Marriott... It pains me to say how disappointed I am with the Marriott resorts in Hawaii.

There is absolutely no value to being a platinum at ANY Marriott resort in Hawaii. Obviously no lounges or continental breakfast but now it seems that they don't even consider upgrades to better rooms. (a little view? please!)

I am writing this from the Waikoloa Marriott on the Big Island. Not enough chairs at the pool. Platinum in a horrible, non-view room. They missed my Platinum gift on check-in. (They gave me a really, really late check out instead of the $100 at my request.)

The only saving grace of all the Marriott Resorts in Hawaii is the Kauai Marriott. The best pool in the world!

Now if they could only recognize that when their loyal customers are in Hawaii with their families they would appreciate a little appreciation.

(Mr. Ordflyboy, there are lots of Platinums in the hotel - we can't upgrade everybody....) That's the way to have less Platinums.....

Last trip to Oahu, stayed at the Kahala ... better than JW....
Last trip to Maui, stayed at the Grand Wailea .... better than Marriott

We'll see ... I can only imagine it getting worse with cost cutting...