FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:12 pm
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
As for just making a few bucks on the hassle. Take for example using a Priority Club card for the purchase and buying $5K in coins. 5000 points will get you a pointsaver night in Miami, so that is worth over $100... Here in the winter in Florida I use them for bridge tolls, fast food under $4 and most transactions under $5. Most cashiers think they are cool, and I now am wearing my cool new pin from the mint showing the program! The only real haters here are Chase bank! I have $7 on hand and just ordered 10 boxes of the native yesterday, and still have a hold on an order from last month but can't track it the past few days online. I don't remember if that one was under me or the dog and his amex card!!
How many separate orders did you make, track, and manage to get that $5K worth of coins? With the order on hold that you can't track, multiple deliveries, and all the special steps you utilize to disburse the coins, I am blown away that you feel the total amount of time you spend is worth it for a single night in a pointsaver PC hotel. Add the stress and risk, and you really are expending a lot of effort for such a small return.