FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana (OZ) F ORD-HKG with a twist on intra asia UA F and NH C (lots of pics)(Part 3)
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:06 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Meeting with flyertalk kkjay77

Originally this flight is scheduled to be 77W, but at the end of December when I was checking ANA tool, it suddenly change to a 744, even my UA PNR had changed to a 744. I called NH to change my seat assignment, they didn't have the update seat map til the middle of January, I was assigned 19K, the last row of C in the first section in the lower deck, right before door 2R.

I was totally shocked that someone sent a message to me from flyertalk that he mentioned he will be in NRT in the morning of 1/24/09. I did post my dates at the RCC calendar in the UA board, but who knows someone actually pay attention and be at the same airport in the same time. Therefore I am going to meet him in the NH lounge. I was really excited about it.

NRT Terminal 1

Area A for *G, area B for F class, area C for C class

I then proceed to C class checkin. I asked if anyway I can sit at row 1, 2, or 3 base on I am *G, replied no as those seats are for paying customers. I know NH always sell this 3 class plane as 2 class, they are probably reserve F with NH elites. Not too much a big deal as NH C is nice. Immigration has long lines once again this morning, they open one more line when I am half way through the line, which speed up quite a bit. After that, I totally forget about in the email to ask kkjay77 about which NH lounge he will be at. I then go to the one near gate 50s first, looked around, also inside the smoking corner, I had mentioned to him I may hand around the smoking area, and he told me he would do the same as well. However, no one recognized my yellow flyertalk tag, get out, lounge lady was curious why I was leaving so soon, I was there no even for 10 min. Go to the NH lounge in gate 40s, on the way there saw the SQ 380.

It was 9V-SKB, I know it comes to NRT in the morning and leaves before noon.

Finally, met up with kkjay77 when he saw my flyertalk tag, and I remembered he told me before he is Korean about my age, he was coming from BKK and waiting for the boarding pass for NRT-JFK in C on NH. We went to the smoking corner and chatted for about an hour, wish I had more time, but my flight to HKG board about 9:20am, so I say goodbye to him and get back to my gate.

Thanks to the NH agent to take a photo in front of the NH 787 model.

And thanks once again for the nice meeting with kkjay77

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 18, 2009 at 8:37 am