FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana (OZ) F ORD-HKG with a twist on intra asia UA F and NH C (lots of pics)(Part 2)
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:56 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Cool Asiana (OZ) F ORD-HKG with a twist on intra asia UA F and NH C (lots of pics)(Part 2)

OZ F lounge at ICN in main terminal

Once I landed, I looked for sign for transfer, there is a sign for transfer not too far from the gate, but seemed to me it is not open yet, so I have to go for a long walk to look for another transfer point. The area for transfer was extremely small, unlike NRT, I wonder how can they handle a mass of pax during the day when many flights arriving. Also unlike NRT, there is no priority line for F pax. There were about 20 people with only one line, it took me more than 30 min to get pass transfer security. After that, I went for a smoke, then head up to the F lounge one floor up the departure level.

The lady at the front keep insisting I should go to the F lounge at the other terminal, I explained to her since I had a 6 hrs layover, there is no need to get to the other terminal for my UA flight leaving at noon, someone had mentioned once you left the main terminal, you cannot get back. Once she let me in, there was another lady asking if I speak Korean, I said no, then she asked if I want some coffee or tea. I decline but told her what I need is a shower after the 14+ hrs flight to freshen up a bit. She showed me the showers, which is at the end of the lounge. There were about 5 stalls.

It seemed like OZ had finally get rid of the common hosehold brands of shower amenities, replace with The Body Shop probucts, it is a nice change, but you are still pouring the stuff from big bottles. With F lounge, they should use a more presitage products like NH use Loccitane, UA use H2O, and BA with Molton Brown, OZ should really take note on that.

Mango shower gel. Honey shampoo and conditioner underneath.

Shaving gel on top, toothbrush/paste, and comb at the bottom shelve

Styling gel on top, Charmzone lotion in the middle

It took more than 15 min for the water to start to get warm, it never get hot at all, not sure if others has the same experience as I did. After the shower, I start to look around this new F lounge, it was still early, no one there yet.

There is a nice piano, but no one is playing, it isn't one of those electronic piano either (it can put a tape or CD and it play itself)

Finally the food counter

I got a sample of everything, dim sum, duck meat with peach, some eggs, and abalone porridge. I am not sure if abalone porridge is a flavor, as I can't find any pieces of abalone even I go through the whole pot at the counter.

Later I saw some Korean are having noodles soup as well as udon, there are no sign anywhere, but I ask the attendant to made one for myself. Obviously you have an advantage if you can speak korean, there may be more food available cook-to-order that I don't know about.

There is also a business center at a room right near the entrance to the lounge with 4 or 5 pc, but there is so much time, I decided to wander around the terminal to look at planes.

My plane from ORD HL7775 is going to MNL as OZ701.

74M HL7421 in new color to PVG as OZ 361 and 744 pax HL7418 in old color to HKG as OZ 721.

Old liveries 321 HL7723, 333, and 744

New liveries 74M HL7421, 777, and 320

Later on, I proceed to the other terminal, concourse A, indeed there were some people checking boarding passes at the escalator going down to the lowel level for the underground train. The other terminal not sure when did that open, I am assuming recently, since the last time I past through ICN several years ago, UA and SQ still in the main terminal, with also a SQ lounge. Now it looks like the main terminal only host for all KE and OZ flights, while the other terminal is for all other airlines.

There were two 777 parked at the tarmac, I am guessing one is mine for the UA 882 to NRT, the other probably is UA 892 to SFO.

OZ F lounge at Concourse A

With time spare, I went to the F lounge in this terminal. This OZ lounge basically F is on the left side, C is on the right side. I went to the F side, no one at all, not even any staff. This is much smaller than the one in the main terminal, but basically look the same, business center, showers, food offerings.

From the photo, the middle entrance is to the shower roomswith massage chair on the right, the entrance on the right side of the photo is to the business center.

I just grab a Haagen-Dazs ice cream bar and a bottle of orange juice, then went to a room with the massage chair for a full almost half hour massage.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 18, 2009 at 11:14 am