FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:43 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thehawk75
175K AA miles since November?

That's some serious churning ^. Is that you only, or including your wife?
2 accounts. Our spendings are very lumpy and 100% personal. So this Coin thing is really helpful. I have not beat the system - always the same household address, for 2 of us. We live in a condo - this makes using neighbor's address near impossible when the only differential is the Unit Number. Our next door neighbor is very trustworthy - several other neighbors entrust him with their keys when they are out of town. So trust is not an issue, but the address certainly is. Our closest relatives live at least 1500 miles away. So no way to "beat" the system.

So far, the ONLY "drop off" deliveries were the Native American shipped via UPS Next Day Air. Twice the guy dropped the box in the AC closet next to the door and slapped the sticky on the door with CLOSET written on it. Both occasions we were home, never heard a door bell or even knock on the door! The Ground UPS guy always wanted a signature. USPS mailman does not need signature but he always delivers any bulky mails to each unit. We count our blessings!

As another poster mentioned, it is all depends on how Mint handling your orders. I never order any big order because of the inherant risk, plus all I need is 3 boxes per card - so all are in the $250 to $500 range. I so regret I picked John Adam when Monroe was available, the first time I ordered. Never see Monroe coming back. Yes, the cumulative total of some names have gone over the limit, but the "line cancellation" seems very randomly handled. However, the Mint definitely can recognize your address. As one time I had a typo when placing order, the site immediately displayed the correct address and asked me if I made an error in input! Go figure!

Other than that, I rely on my cruise agent who has been very understanding as she does not mind us paying our cruises with several ifferent cards to meet the spending requirements. That is extra work for her but we cruise 30 to 40 days a year...

As for your wife, you can participate in her name as long as she is informed of such....

Last edited by Happy; Feb 16, 2009 at 11:11 am